Teaching Assistant Level 3
To help get you enrolled
Enrol for just £95 deposit & then pay your remaining balance at the end of November.
This course has been fully revised to reflect the recent changes in educational environment and the wider educational world. It is a non OFQUAL course.
Teaching Assistants carry out a wide range of practical and administrative tasks under the direction of the class teacher and in the supervision and support of pupils’ learning. In doing so they are helping to make more time available for the teacher to teach.
There is a huge demand for Teaching Assistants around the country but also many thousands of applicants for these positions. Most schools require new Teaching Assistants to undergo some form of induction training. This helps to ensure they are familiar with the school and are clear about how to support teachers in the vital areas of numeracy, literacy and behaviour. Having this Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification will help you stand out from other applicants. As a Teaching Assistant you will be expected to support the teachers with their daily tasks in the classroom so that they can concentrate on teaching the children.
Your job title could also be a Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant. Your specific duties would vary depending on the school and the age of the children, but would typically include:
- Preparing the classroom for lessons
- Listening to the children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Assisting children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping the teacher to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supervising group activities and displaying work
- Looking after children who are upset or after an accident
- Playing educational games with the children
- Encouraging younger children to learn through play
- Helping with outings and sporting events
- Carrying out routine administrative tasks
You would also support children with particular individual needs, working one-to-one or in small groups. With experience you may lead some classes, see the syllabus.
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course, you will be taught the full level 3 syllabus once you are enrolled. You may enrol at anytime of the year
In some schools you could have a special skill, such as literacy, numeracy, special educational needs or music. Bi-lingual Teaching Assistants are often employed in schools where many of the children’s first language is not English.
The course examines the “core learning structure”, and how these skills form a vital part of teaching and working with children. It also looks at the ways you will support classroom practices, the school and its management. You will also gain insight into supporting pupils with disabilities and special educational needs, as well as the basics of literacy and numeracy.
Today, everybody needs to be able to make use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and there is substantial content aimed at this critical area (you will almost certainly gain additional insight into your own existing knowledge of the subject). The final unit looks at supporting play and learning.
What can I expect to earn?
- London fringe: £16,856–£26,052
- Outer London: £18,789–£27,992
- Inner London: £19,893–£29,088
- Rest of England and Wales: £15,817–£25,016
The figures above are for ‘unqualified teachers’, including TAs, but to get an exact figure you need to contact your local council directly.
You do not need to be in a work placement within a school to complete this course.
This is a fully supported Teaching Assistant: Supporting Teaching + Learning in Schools Level 3 home study course. All the printed course materials have been expertly written in a clear and concise manner to ensure you understand each module and the college staff will be available to help and advise as needed.
If you are serious about becoming a Teaching Assistant we hope that you will agree that this Level 3 course with all the tutor, student, and career support will be the very best way of entering into this rewarding profession.
Our enrolment fee includes:
- Next Day Delivery
- Friendly Tutor Support
- Unlimited Student Support
- Access To Our Online Student Portal
- 12 Month Course
- Enrol by 2pm today and receive your course tomorrow!
- 100% money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied we're not satisfied!*
- Enrol for only a £35.00 deposit. Choose how you want to pay!